Track Closure vs Bend Location for all Zippertubing tracks
3 years ago
- Always size the Zippertubing jacket at least 1/8 inch larger than the maximum cable diameter. If severe cable bending is anticipated, increasing jacket diameter beyond the 1/8 inch requirement is advisable.
- Always install Zippertubing jackets so that the track faces the outside of the bend radius. Failure to position the jacket in this manner may result in the track “popping open” due to track distortion
- If the design does not call for re-opening the jacket periodically, it may be desirable to seal the track closed using ZT-TAPE. You can view the sealing procedure here.
- The most common causes of tracks “popping open” are:
- Improperly closed track
- Incorrectly sized jacket, less than 1/8 inch oversize
- Track located other than on the outside of the bend radius